Camino's Mid-Term program is designed for those who have a desire to serve between six months and two years, or are contemplating serving longer term in the future. This length of time lets you go deeper than is possible in a short-term ministry. Serving as a Mid-Term missionary provides an excellent opportunity to make a significant and real impact on the field while also focusing on discovery of God's will and plan for your life over the long haul.
The Mid-Term assignment is a mentorship process, allowing the missionary to work alongside and learn from a long term missionary or team, while maintaining close association the Camino Field Ministries department. This mentorship serves as an essential stepping stone to longer term service for those who are interested.
Mid-Term applicants should:
- Be in agreement with the doctrinal statement of Camino Global.
- Be willing to work in a team environment.
- Be active in and have the support of their home church.
- Have a college degree and/or prior ministry and field missionary service experience.
- Be a student of God’s word. Mid-term missionaries are passionate about God's Word but do not need a formal Bible education. There is no Biblical degree requirement for this program unless ministry focus is teaching in a school for missionary children; in that case, 12 credit hours of Bible are required.
- Be available to travel for a pre-field visit to determine ministry and field team fit.
- Be available to attend Candidate Assessment & Orientation for one week at the Camino Global home office.
Did you know? Camino Global has shared the journey with Spanish speakers since 1890.